4.11.2010

Cañitas (4-3-10)

So we ended our glorious field trip, left Panama on the 29th, and headed back up to San Jose. We stayed in San Jose for a night, made it back to the station in Monteverde, had two huge tests that I likely did very bad on, and then moved into our homestays on 4/3/10. It was really scary. They packed us into a van at 8am and shipped us off.

My homestay is in Cañitas. A small, rural town 1.5 hours away from the Monteverde Station. Dirt roads. Small cafes. Good food. Smiling faces. Its great. There are 8 other people from this program near me, which is nice (the Cañitas Crew). I live with an older couple: Alexis and Magda. They don't speak any English. It is awkward and silent at times, but we make it work and I am learning a lot.

Here is my house:

I have my own entrance to my room (on the right):

Finally have my OWN room:


The farm behind the house:

Chicken coop:

Front yard:

My dog, Moncha:

Went to church with my parents. 3 hours of Spanish that I did not understand:

Beautiful views:

The first day, after saying hello to the parents. My friends and I escaped to the nearby cafe to study and enjoy the view. It was fun, we found a friend.






Life on the Finca:







So far, all is well. Living with a simple family, in a simple town, eating simple food, and loving every minute of it.

No comments: