5.27.2010

San Luis Waterfall (5-10)

On one of my last few days in Monteverde, I travelled to the San Luis Watefall. It is by far the most beautiful watefall in the Monteverde area and probably one of the most beautiful waterfalls I have seen this whole trip. This was one of the best days I´ve had while in Costa Rica. Maybe not just because of the beauty of the fall, but because of the company I was with, too.

The San Luis Waterfall is over 200 feet tall with multiple ridges (not exactly sure what they are called). I don´t think I captured the entire fall on camera, but you get the idea, right? Trully a beautiful and almost magical place, even though the water was COLD.

The walk down to the falls took about two and a half hours. But the beautiful views on the way there were well worth the journey (I love clouds!):










Then we made it to the forest:

and the fall:





It was pretty amazing. Very beautiful. If you ever go to Monteverde, Costa Rica, I think it´s a hike that is well worth it. Especially if you can get in without paying, like we did.

No comments: